Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Time of Thankfulness -A November Challenge

November is the time of the year we usually turn our attention to "Turkey" and OH OH, time to really start thinking about that Christmas shopping. Come on now, we are all guilty as charged! However, as this is the first day of November, I would like to start off this month and the days leading into Thanksgiving as a moment to Stop and reflect each day on something that I am thankful for. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 says "Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." So are you with me? Will you take up this challenge and take some time out of each day to pick something you are thankful for and just think about it? I believe you will be amazed and blessed at the same time to see how blessed you are. You will also see how much you have to be thankful for!
The first thing that I am thankful for on this first day of November is my SALVATION. Anyone who knows me knows that I have no problem letting you know who my first love is! Therefore, the very first thing that I want to be thankful for this November is my Salvation! John 3:16 says that "For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life!" Think about that! The very God of the Universe loves me so much that he sent His only son to die for me so that I might live eternally with Him one day in heaven! That is so awesome! I stand in awe when I think about that! But what makes it even greater is this is a FREE gift to anyone who will receive it!
So on this very first day of November, I want to pause, reflect, and be thankful for my salvation! Thank you Lord for sending your Son and saving me! It's just amazing and I am thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment