Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Time of Thankfulness -Day #2 A November Challenge

For this day of the Thankfulness Challenge, I chose something that I have found myself on both sides of the fence.  I also believe it is one that we all have found ourselves in need of or needing to give.  Today, I am thankful for FORGIVENESS!  What would we do without it?  Like I said earlier, I have been on both sides of this.  Needing forgiveness and having to forgive.  I am not sure what side is easier to be on, However, I am so thankful for it!  Ultimately I am thankful that I have a God in heaven who is faithful to forgive me for my many shortcomings in this life, but I too must be willing to forgive those who may have hurt me, offended me, or did something to me that caused me to get angry or upset or to harbor a grudge.  I too must be willing to forgive and not harbor ill feelings or grudges.  This sometimes is a hard thing to do.  However we must.  Mark 11:25 says "But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins too." (NLT) So whatever side of the fence you may be on today, be thankful for forgiveness, if you are in need of forgiveness, seek it.  If you have been hurt or are harboring a grudge against someone, then be willing to forgive him or her or whatever the situation may be. Begin to open yourself up to forgiveness.  You will be surprised as to what happens. 

“You can't undo anything you've already done, but you can face up to it. You can tell the truth. You can seek forgiveness. And then let God do the rest.” -Source Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment