Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Time of Thankfulness -Day #17 A November Challenge


Day # 17 of the November Challenge.  Today I am thankful for Hope.  Without hope where would we be in this world?  Especially around this time of the year there seems to be an extra sense of hope as we draw closer and closer to the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays.    The Dictionary defines hope as follows:

hope

noun, verb, hoped, hop·ing.
noun
1. the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best: to give up hope.
2. a particular instance of this feeling: the hope of winning.
3. grounds for this feeling in a particular instance: There is little or no hope of his recovery.
4. a person or thing in which expectations are centered: The medicine was her last hope.
5. something that is hoped for: Her forgiveness is my constant hope.
verb (used with object)
6. to look forward to with desire and reasonable confidence.
7. to believe, desire, or trust: I hope that my work will be satisfactory.

Here is my definition of hope.  Here's why I am thankful for hope.  Psalm 33:20 says "We put our hope in the Lord, He is our help and our shield."  I know no matter how bleak or bad the any situation may be that I have hope!  I have hope in the Lord that He will carry me through all the rough times that I face or will face in the future.  Psalm 31:24 also says "So be STRONG and COURAGEOUS, all you who put your HOPE in the Lord!"  I know that no matter what, I have hope!  Yes, there are days when I do get down.  That's life.  The days when it seems like the weight of the world and the pressures of this life are on my shoulders, I have hope!  That no matter how bad it may seem, I have hope!  Matt Redmond sings a song titled "You Never Let Go" and part of the lyrics to that song say...
 
 
"I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You,
still I will praise You!
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me!"

So I would say to anyone who is feeling down and out to don't loose hope!  Grasp onto it!  The days will be brighter.  There is promise of hope!  Thank you Lord for never giving up on me and NEVER letting me go!  That's my hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment