Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Time of Thankfulness -Day #8 A November Challenge

Day # 8 of the November Thankfulness Challenge.  Today I am thankful for my SON.  I know back on Day #5 I was thankful for my kids, however, I am writing about each one individually now because they have so many traits in them individually that I am thankful for.  Psalm 127:3 says "Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from Him."  I am very thankful for my son, Jonathan.  I was a very proud man the day my son was born.  That was almost nine years ago.  I could not believe it, I had a son!  My little boy! 

What amazes me is how he is growing up to be a young man of God.  He is a very caring young man.  He has a heart of gold!  I am extremely thankful for that!  I pray that he will keep that sensitive spirit of his as he grows up in life!   My son makes me one proud Daddy!   He has said many times that he wants to grow up to be just like me!  WOW, what a challenge to me to be sure that I am raising him right!  That I am making sure he has an example to follow!  Even though I know I am not perfect, I know that I can teach my son how to ask for forgiveness, give forgiveness, show love and; compassion and be a real man.   I love  you son, and I am very thankful that you are a part of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment