Friday, November 18, 2011

A Time of Thankfulness -Day #18 A November Challenge

Day #18 of the November Thankfulness Challenge.  Today I am thankful for "Peace."  The stillness and calm that you feel when you know everything is going to be alright!   Sometimes we get so tied up in just the fast pace of life and we don't take time to slow down and experience true peace.  It's that calming feeling, it's just the simple take a deep breath and relax!  Let the troubles of the day just be set aside and experience a moment of peace.  I know I find peace in many different ways.  Whether it is just taking in the morning sunrise, or the quiet of the morning, listening to music.  This can all be so peaceful. 
However, I would be a miss if I did not mention where I find my "True Peace."  My true piece comes from knowing the Lord!  My God!  It is in Him that I find my peace!  It is in Him that I truly know everything is going to be alright!  Philippians 4:7 says "Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."
So today, I am truly thankful for peace.  Once again, I know that no matter what the circumstance may be, I can be assured of peace! I can say "It is well!, it is well with my soul!"

No comments:

Post a Comment