Monday, November 21, 2011

A Time of Thankfulness -Day #19 & #20 A November Challenge

Well, it's coming two days late, but here are days #19 & #20 of the November Thankfulness Challenge.  I will explain on why I am writing these late.  It is because of what I am thankful for during these two days.  For days # 19 & 20, I am thankful for "Family Time."  One on one time is great and we need to have that, but there is something about being together with family and having fun together.  My weekend was filled with just that.  We had a great get together at our church on Saturday and I loved that!  The kids had a great time with all the inflatable slides, jumper, and obstacle course.  Yes, even I took a turn on the giant slide.  I could not resist!  After all the fun of the church activity we were off to our next adventure for the day.  It was now time to go see Santa.  This has always been a Lorenzo tradition since our little boy was born.  Go and see Santa so the kids can give their lists him and hope that they get everything on it.  This time was sure to be an adventure.  Would she or wouldn't she, was the question of the day.  Would my daughter who is age five now, sit on Santa's lap for the first time?  Well, we were so proud of our little angel.  She did!  She even told Santa what she wanted!  She is growing up so fast!  Now that Santa was done, on to the next great family event.  Every year we pick out an ornament for our Christmas tree.  The kids pick one for themselves and we as a family pick a family ornament.  The past years it has been reindeer and snowmen for our family ornament.  This year...Monkey's?  Hmmm...Do I sense a change here???  That pretty much finished our family outing.  

What about Sunday?  Well that is the culmination of our weekend.  We finished off our family time by going to church as a family and then out to eat after church.   What can I say? I love my family and I am thankful for our "Family Time."

So I would encourage everyone to make sure you are spending quality family time together! You will be glad you did.  Who knows, you may just find that you have been missing a lot of fun!  Blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment