Friday, November 9, 2012

Are You Counting?

Hello everyone!  I hope this post finds your day going well?  Mine is fantastic!  Today I am counting. Counting what you may ask?  Well, counting my blessings!  That is what I am thankful for today.  The many blessings that have come to me and are still and will come down to me!  You see, blessings can be so many things.  They can come in so many different shapes, forms, sizes.  You just have to realize that they are there and they are blessings!  I know I get accused of a lot of looking at the glass as "Half-full" all the time, but I choose to be that way and try to see the good and the blessings in all situations!  Even in the tough times.  Yes, tough times will come and they have come and will continue to come, it is just how to go through them that will make you or break you!  It all goes back to the "Counting." 

You see, when I choose to see the good in all things and count my blessings, I truly believe that it makes going through life so much easier.  Yes, I do acknowledge that the bad things are there and do effect outcomes of situations, but still I can find the blessing or the good in it somehow or somewhere!  So I will always be "Counting!" 

There is an old Hymn that says this:
  1. When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,
    When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
    Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
    And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
    • Refrain:
      Count your blessings, name them one by one,
      Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
      Count your blessings, name them one by one,
      *Count your many blessings, see what God hath done.
      [*And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.]
  2. Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
    Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
    Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
    And you will keep singing as the days go by.
  3. When you look at others with their lands and gold,
    Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;
    Count your many blessings—*money cannot buy [*wealth can never buy]
    Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high.
  4. So, amid the conflict whether great or small,
    Do not be discouraged, God is over all;
    Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
    Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end.
So are you counting?  Start today and I think you will truly be amazed at what you come up with!   Now go and be blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment