Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Family Traditions

Hello everyone!  I hope this post finds you well?  As we get ever so closer to Christmas day, I am wondering what every one's favorite family tradition is or was?  December is the month to remember all the good times that we have and have had with friends and family.  I know that in my family, being of the Hispanic culture, we have many traditions.  The best one that I love is on Christmas eve looking forward to the tamales and menudo!  Yummy!  I know, for most of you, the menudo part is an acquired taste, but I think everyone can agree upon the tamales!  Every Christmas Eve my family and I would go around and visit all of the extended family.  I would not eat all day knowing that at every stop there would be some good food awaiting me!  My favorite stop was at my Nana's.  I knew she had been hard at work all that week preparing all the tamales and menudo!  We would walk into her house and the smell would just grab you!  You knew you were in for a feast!  My Nana is gone now, but the tradition of tamales and menudo on Christmas Eve lives on. 

Again, this is just one of many great memories and traditions that I have for this time of the year.  So what are yours?  I would love to hear them.  If you don't have any traditions, I encourage you to start one!  I believe you will be glad  you did!  Enjoy the Christmas Season everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment