Thursday, February 9, 2012

Moving Forward

Hello everyone!
Have you ever done something that you regret?  Have you ever said something that you wish you could take back?  I think we all have including myself.  The real question is what are you doing or going to do after the fact?  Are you going to let your past mistakes haunt you for many days and years to come?  What is the right thing to do?  I think we have to move past them and move forward, not dwell on them.  We should not let our past mistakes, words or deeds control us.  We need to move forward.

You might be saying..."Wait a minute!"  You don't know what I've done or said.  Maybe not, but I do know this, we server a mighty and merciful God who DOES NOT remember the past!  It is covered under the blood of His son Jesus!  The Bible says in Lamentations 3:22-23 "The faithful love of the Lord never ends!  His mercies never cease.  GREAT is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning!"  The Bible also says that “In Him [Christ] we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace, which He lavished upon us” (Ephesians 1:7-8).   We can also be assured that our sins are thrown as far as the east is from the west according to Psalm 103:12 “As far as the east is from the west, so far He removed our transgressions from us”   2 Corinthians 5:17 says this "This means that ANYONE who belongs to Christ has become a NEW person.  The OLD life is GONE; a NEW life has begun!"
So I just want to encourage you today, if you have been struggling with forgiving yourself of things in the past, or if you have been or are currently thinking I can't get past this, YES YOU CAN!  There is a song that rings out in my heart every time I hear it and it just reminds me that I'm not going back, but moving forward...I'm moving forward, what about you? Here are the lyrics to the chorus.

I'm not going back
I'm moving ahead
Here to declare to you
My past is over in You
All things are made new
Surrendered my life to Christ
I'm moving moving forward
Cling to this song and I pray that you decide to move forward and not look back!  Let today be the day that you move one and declare that your past is over and that ALL things are made new!  God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment